TIP: From the get-go, encourage your students to take notes and pictures, ask questions and actively participate in class discussions.
"Declarative and Interrogative Sentences"
• Define a sentence and a fragment;
• Determine the differences between a sentence and a fragment;
• Use complete sentences and recognize sentence fragments in writing and speaking;
• Define declarative and interrogative sentences;
• Distinguish the key factors when differentiating between declarative and interrogative sentences;
• Know and use conventions of declarative and interrogative sentences punctuation and capitalization;
• Demonstrate effective word choice, academic vocabulary, grammar and sentence structure allowing accurate communication of meaning in written work.